- Great for oily and combination skin
- Lightweight feel that feels comfortable all day
- Non-cakey buildable coverage
- 40 different shades to suit warm, neutral and cool skin tones
- Affordable and high-quality foundation
- Not for dry or mature skin. There are better options for dry skin out there.
- No sun protection
- Packaging is poor and doesn’t dispense the product well
Number of ratings: 69, 328
Average score: 4.5 stars out of 5
What reviewers say about Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
“This is the first foundation I have tried that has matched my skin so closely.”
“OMG it’s actually matte!”
“Having combination skin, it can be hard to find a foundation that isn’t cakey or doesn’t dry me out. This is my PERFECT foundation!!.”
“I have tried Nars and Lancome foundations, and they either end up too oily or cling on to my dry patches, none of them work as well as this one.”
Who should buy this
Buy this if you are looking for:
- medium to full coverage foundation with a demi-matte finish
- a foundation that will last throughout the day
- good oil control
- affordable and high-quality foundation that rivals more expensive foundations
Who should NOT buy this
Don’t buy this foundation if:
- you have dry or mature skin. There are better options out there.
- prefer a foundation with light coverage.
- you need sun protection.
Get this if you want an oil-free matte finish that doesn’t look flat
The Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation provides a natural looking satin finish. Think of how a baby’s skin looks like — it’s never too matte or too dewy.
And even though it’s oil-free, the foundation doesn’t look powdery on the skin. However, it’s not recommended for drier skin types as it won’t provide any kind of moisture.
The coverage is medium to full, and buildable. But beware: adding too many layers will make you look cakey.
Impressive range of shades for pale and dark skin tones
There are 40 shades available, which is darn impressive for a drugstore foundation at this price point. There are plenty of warm, cool and neutral shades to fit pale to deep skin tones, and you’ll most likely find a close match.
It may oxidize, depending on the shade and your skin chemistry
Like many foundations, the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation is not immune to oxidizing on your skin. Depending on your skin type and chemistry, the shade might appear darker or more orangey as you wear it throughout the day.
Try experimenting with a couple of shades and checking your face throughout the day under different lighting conditions to find your best foundation match.
Excellent quality at a great price point
At this incredibly low price point, you really gotta check out this amazing foundation! Or get a couple of different shades to create your very own custom-blended shade. Either way, I’m confident you’ll find the right shade.