- Demi-matte finish that looks like real skin
- Light to medium coverage that feels weightless
- Moisturizing formula that’s excellent for dry and mature skin types
- Doesn’t last long on skin and may fade throughout the day
- Only 20 shades to choose from
- Beautiful packaging but difficult to get the last bit of product out
Number of ratings: 182
Average score: 4.5 stars
What reviewers say about Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation
“The texture is so creamy and the coverage is wonderful, but I feel like I have nothing on.”
“It’s not cakey, literally looks like my natural skin. Amazed”
“I’m older so I don’t want it to look caked on but it gives a glow and a lovely finish.”
Who should buy Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation
Buy this if you are looking for:
- a moisturizing formula that won’t look dry and cakey
- a dewy finish that looks like real skin
- light to medium coverage
Who should NOT buy this:
Don’t buy this if:
- you have oily skin
- need a lot of coverage
- need this to last through a sweaty workout or commute
- have hard to match skin – the shade range is limited to only 20 shades
This foundation is truly magical if you have dry or mature skin, and can find your perfect shade. The finish is amazingly natural looking and never looks cakey.
We wish it was cheaper but it’s a worthwhile splurge if you are after flawless skin.
Beautiful skin-like finish that looks like flawless skin
The Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation promises flawless skin. But does it actually live up to its claims?
Overall, I found that with its moisturizing formula, it worked well on normal and dry skin, and gives skin a dewy, lit-from-within glow. Perfect for closeups on date nights!
Light to medium, weightless coverage
This foundation provides light to medium coverage that is lightweight and comfortable to wear all day. For rosacea redness or serious blemishes, the coverage won’t be “flawless”, but the overall effect will still be polished enough without looking cakey.
Limited shades and price is a splurge
At over $40 for an ounce, the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation is no bargain. However, a little bit goes a long way with this foundation, which helps to offset the cost.
The shade selection is somewhat disappointing, considering its price tag. Some reviewers recommend blending two different shades to get the perfect shade, but honestly, we shouldn’t have to do that for such a pricey foundation.
Want to learn more? Check out more reviews of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation here:
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Amazon reviews
Comparison to similar foundations
We recommend these foundations for dry and mature skin:
Pingback: MAC Foundation Shades for Indian Skin - Redmond Mom
Pingback: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review - Redmond Mom
Pingback: Find Your Foundation Match by Skin Tone Visual Guide - Redmond Mom