You can substitute ground pork for ground turkey, chicken and beef and the results will be the same – a spicy savory meal that cooks up in less than 15 minutes.
The fish sauce, lime juice and cilantro all give the dish that wonderful zip and freshness that Thai cuisine is known for.
Serve with rice and a fried egg or as a filling for lettuce wraps. Either way, you’ll love it.
Spicy Thai Pork Stir Fry
makes 2 servings
- ground meat (use about 8 oz)
- 1 medium tomato or a handful of grape tomatoes, roughly chopped
- half a medium shallot, thinly sliced
- scallions, diced, about a handful
- cilantro, a few sprigs, finely diced
- fish sauce to taste
- cooking oil, 1 tablespoon
- half a lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a skillet until hot
- Add ground meat and use a spatula to break up chunks
- Cook meat until browned
- Add shallots, tomatoes and scallions and cook for 2 minutes
- Add fish sauce and stir in cilantro
- Serve with lime wedge
- Great with rice and a fried egg
- Include a small salad of thinly shredded cabbage and cucumbers
- Use as filling for lettuce wraps and tacos