Note about spring roll wrappers: You can find frozen spring roll wrappers at most Asian supermarkets. I always keep a pack in my freezer because they are also great for desserts!
I use spring roll wrappers to make these amazing Sweet and Crunchy Banana Spring Roll Desserts.
Folding samosas might seem challenging but it’s actually really simple. With a little practice, you can turn these out in minutes!
Check out our step-by-step guide below:
Samosa Filling (Vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 small carrot, cubed
- half of a small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of water
- Heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat
- Add curry powder and fry for 1 – 2 minutes
- Add all the other ingredients and cover pan
- Stir and cook until potatoes and carrots are soft enough to mash. About 10 minutes
- Add more water if necessary but don’t add too much – you want a fairly dry mixture
- Mash well
- Taste and season with salt
Quick and Easy Samosa and Spring Roll
- Spring roll pastry wrappers, cut in half (you’ll need half a wrapper per samosa)
- Oil for frying (about half an inch worth)
- Samosa filling (see above)
- Cut spring roll wrapper in half. Place about 1 tablespoon of filling on each wrapper and fold as instructed (see photos above).
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, gently place samosas in pan and fry both sides of the samosas until golden. About 2 minutes on each side.