Looking for the best way to cook pork belly slices?
I am not a big meat-eater, but I don’t think I can ever say no to a dish of crispy pork belly.
Seriously. Just look at it.
You can almost smell the bacony sizzle and taste the crunchy pork.
I make this a lot for people and I haven’t met one who didn’t oohed and ahhed over this.
If you are looking for a simple dish that will impress a meat-lover, then I recommend you make this.
Best Way to Cook Pork Belly Slices: Crispy Pork Belly Stir Fry
makes 2 servings
- Pork belly, thin sliced, about 1/2 lb
- Onion, thin sliced, about 1 cup
- Garlic, thin sliced, about 3-4 cloves
- Sugar snap peas, 1 cup
- 1 medium tomato, cut into medium chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thin sliced (optional)
- Carrot, cut into matchsticks, about 1/4 cup
- Fish sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), 2 tablespoons
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add pork belly
- Cook pork belly on all sides until golden brown and slightly crispy
- Add all the other ingredients except for the fish sauce and kecap manis
- Stir occasionally to make sure pork belly doesn’t burn
- When vegetables are cooked (about 5 minutes), add fish sauce and kecap manis, and stir to mix
- Serve with rice
- Serve pork belly with lettuce leaves to make lettuce wraps.
- Serve on corn tortillas as pork belly tacos…sooo good!